Ben Stokes, Career, Profile info, Family info, Records, Awards
Ben Stokes is an English international cricketer who is considered one of the most talented all-rounders in the game. Here’s some information about his career, personal life, records, and awards:
Ben Stokes was born on June 4, 1991, in Christchurch, New Zealand. He moved to England at a young age and made his professional cricket debut in 2009, playing for Durham County Cricket Club. Stokes quickly rose through the ranks and gained recognition for his aggressive style of play and ability to contribute with both bat and ball.Sports
He made his international debut for England in 2011, representing the national team in Test matches. Since then, he has become a key player in all three formats of the game. Stokes played a crucial role in England’s historic World Cup win in 2019, with a match-winning innings in the final against New Zealand. He has also been an instrumental player in Test cricket, contributing with both bat and ball in numerous matches.
Ben Stokes comes from a cricketing family. His father, Gerard Stokes, played rugby league for New Zealand, while his mother, Deborah Stokes, was a cricketer. His younger brother, Tom Stokes, has also played professional cricket for Durham.
Ben Stokes is an English cricketer who is known for his exceptional all-round skills. Here is some profile information about him:
Full Name: Benjamin Andrew Stokes Date of Birth: June 4, 1991 Place of Birth: Christchurch, New Zealand Nationality: English Playing Role: All-rounder Batting Style: Left-handed Bowling Style: Right-arm fast-medium.Sports
Style of Play:
Ben Stokes is known for his aggressive and fearless approach to the game. He is a powerful batsman who can hit the ball hard and score runs quickly. He has a wide range of shots and is particularly effective against fast bowlers. As a bowler, Stokes generates good pace and can swing the ball. He is also a brilliant fielder and has taken some incredible catches during his career.
Personal Life: Ben Stokes has kept his personal life relatively private. He is married to Clare Ratcliffe, and the couple has two children together.
Records and Awards:
- In August 2020, Ben Stokes became the first cricketer to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year. He also won the award for ICC Test Player of the Year in the same year.
- In 2019, Stokes played one of the greatest innings in cricket history during the Ashes series against Australia. His unbeaten 135 in the third Test at Headingley helped England secure a remarkable victory.
- Stokes holds the record for the fastest double century in Test cricket by an English player. He achieved this feat in 163 balls against South Africa in 2016.
- He became the second-fastest player to reach 4,000 runs and take 100 wickets in Test matches, achieving the milestone in 64 matches.
- Stokes has received several Man of the Match and Man of the Series awards for his performances in international cricke. Sports